CORI Reform and Mandatory Minimum Sentencing Reform have been incorporated into the Public Safety Act of 2006. Click here to view the Public Safety Act.
UPDATE: Judiciary Hearing
Congratulations Criminal Justice Policy Coalition Members and Allies!
YOU made a BIG difference . . .
at the Judiciary Committee hearings on CORI (HB 2874) and Mandatory Minimum Sentencing Reform (S. 929) at the state House on November 22, 2005!
- The hearing room at the State House was packed with supporters of S 929 and HB 2874.
- Through a long, hot, cramped day, CJPC members and allies endured and demonstrated through their physical presence and compelling testimony that the Judiciary Committee must report these bills out quickly and favorably.
- Missed it? The hearing was on November 22. We will soon be posting testimony. And the fight has just begun. Read on to get involved!
- Additionally, click here to see article that appeared on the front page of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette on 11/24/05.
Keep the heat on to make sure that HB 2874 AND S 929 are reported out quickly and favorably!
- If you haven't called your legislators yet, please do so right away. Click here for action alert on S.929. Click here for action alert on HB 2874. Both have talking points and instructions.
- Ask your legislators to contact the Chairs of the Judiciary Committee to ask them to report HB 2874 and S 929 quickly and favorably.
- We'll let you know when the bills have been reported out. We need YOU as we lay the groundwork for victory when the entire legislature is able to consider the bills.
- To find out about how you can get involved, call or e-mail Brandyn @ 508-982-2247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CJPC is a member of the SMART on Crime Coalition and the Massachusetts Alliance to Reform CORI (MARC).
Remember: People Power Makes the Difference!